Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011: A Year in Review

Now that next year's goals are on the table, I think it's time to recap the crazy year that was 2011. I have never done so much, laughing, traveling, eating, drinking and meeting more people in one year since I went abroad my junior year of college. But as this year has passed I can also confidently say that I have never been happier. 

JANUARY:

Celebrated our first New Year's Eve together at the Gaylord Hotel in DC (never again...).

FEBRUARY:

Valentine's Day roses and Christmas amaryllis.

MARCH:

Headed down to Miami for the boyfriend's brother's 21st birthday celebration....on a boat.

 Drinks on the rooftop of the Clevelander and other shenanigans.

Celebrated my first Harpoonfest and St. Patty's day as a Southie resident (and over-enjoyed the Irish cheer).

APRIL:

Easter hyacinths.
Sang karaoke for the first time! (this was Summer Nights, if I remember correctly)

MAY:

The first of many scenic picnic adventures at reservation properties all over the state.

JUNE:

Visited my married friend in North Carolina for her one-year anniversary while her husband served in Afghanistan.

 Three of my worlds come together in DC for my boyfriend's birthday.

 Visited the White House for the first time since I was 8. Hey, Obams!

 Watched the Bruins win the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1972, right outside of the Garden and riot with the hockey crazies.

First wedding of the season up in New Hampshire.

See Taylor Swift both nights she plays Gillette Stadium, absolutely love every second of it despite pouring rain (don't judge...).

Taylor Swift, round 2 for the boyfriend's birthday, + cowboy boots.

JULY:

See James Taylor perform his annual 4th of July concert in the Berkshires.

Head down to the Cayman Islands with the boyfriend, his friends and their girlfriends for an extra long weekend...

 
Live like kings in our rental mansion and consume WAY too many of my mom's famous margs (no 'rita mix - the only way to do it!).

AUGUST:

Finally made it down to the Cape for a long weekend, took 589345843 photos with/of my beloved purple hydrangeas.

Flew down to the Jersey Shore for the first time...the t-shirt says everything.

 
Loving life down the shore before too many 302s (believe me, you don't want to know).

Crashed a mom-filled party bus...only in Jersey.

SEPTEMBER:

 Boyfriend's friends take on Boston for Labor Day weekend.

Annual apple picking at my favorite farm.

OCTOBER:

Visited Turkey, absolutely loved it.
First time in Mykonos, absolutely elated.

Dream of Santorini: finally fulfilled.
Climbed 1350 steps to the fortress in Kotor, Montenegro.

 
Recreated one of my favorite photos from my time in Venice on the last day of our Mediterranean cruise.

NOVEMBER:

First family Thanksgiving bingo tourney in 3 years.

DECEMBER:

Buckets upon buckets at Howl at the Moon to celebrate my 25th (sooo old!).

Finally got my younger sisters out to the bars!

Red floral, evergreen and tartan for Christmas at home.

Christmas day with my Santa jammies and "matching" stocking...

 Jetted off to Paris the day after Christmas to be greeted by the most amazing lights I have ever (and probably will ever) seen.

 Eiffel tower and Christmas market in Paris.

 Loving life in France!

 Walking the city with the boyfriend and his family.

Post-tourist trauma at Versailles, so glad to be outside.

2012:

About to ring in the New Year on the Champs Elysees.




Taking in the scene. For the record, New Year's in Paris is not such a big deal - who knew?



Hotel Deville lights by night - my heaven.


God, just looking at all of that makes me tired! Here's to hoping 2012 brings as much joy and love as 2011 (and maybe just a little more sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...