Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Memories: The Tides Beach Club

And so begins my obsession with the Tides Beach Club. After seeing the photos on the hotel's website (many of which are posted here in my pre-stay excitement), I unsurprisingly could not wait to check in. 

And was NOT let down in the slightest. I mean - talk about calming and totally perfect.

Oh, and they gave us a glass of champagne at check in - clearly this place knows the way to my heart.

Loved this custom embroidery (on Frette, bedding, of course).

First of all, these lamps are everything: coral with an oblong shade, atop a lucite base?  And don't even get my started on the carrara marble nightstand...

So monochromatic, but still not obnoxious somehow...probably because that wallpaper was perfection.

I literally could not handle this bathroom.

Yet another photo with a toilet from this trip...weird and excessive? But the driftwood floor was just too much.

And then there was the shower. Subway tile all around, double shower heads - just glorious. Oh, and when I actually took a shower, the pressure and volume was unbelievable, but at that point, I couldn't expect any less.

The front porch was perfect for early evening drinks, with a view of the ocean and a cooling breeze. And my %15 hibiscus/Hendrick's martini was worth every penny.
And then came the time I realized the ceilings were waincoting (waincotted?). At which point I basically died and went to heaven.

Oh, and of course your check casually comes on a lucite plate. The level of detail was just incredible.

Speaking of lucite - just STOP IT with those barstools. The bar itself was a sight to see, but the whole dining area  with its carrara marble tables and chippendale chairs backed up against the plush bar was just so fresh and sophisticated. 

Clearly, by the time we left, I wanted to move in. The rates are on the pricier side once you get into summer months, but I would still 100% recommend staying here, even if you can't use the beach across the street. I mean, there are vintage Schwinn bikes on hand for you to take a spin on whenever you feel like an adventure, and the scenery alone (inside AND outside, haha) are enough to make it worth it.

I wish I had gotten better photos of the lounge (apologies again for my crappy iPhone snaps), but I guess that mean's we'll just have to go back for another visit. And I ain't gonna complain about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...