Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mom-preciation

On Sunday, our family celebrated our first Mother's Day in our new home after having moved out of the house we lived in for 20 years. I fully-expected at least a few tears (on both my part and the rest of the girls in the family) – but through this whole process I haven’t been able to be sad; the house is just too beautiful.

As much as I tend to be one to hate change, this change is undoubtedly good, but also natural. We have all grown up, moved out, and moved on – and it was time for Mom and Dad to do the same. It has definitely helped that they are both undeniably happier (albeit exhausted from the move) and are so excited to begin this chapter of their lives.

And what better way to celebrate than with a party for Mom, complete with signature cocktails, summery menu and fresh flowers on a gorgeous, late spring day? Can’t be beat.




Pink peonies, tulips and hyacinths all over (favorite).


Dad kinda outdid me with the flowers - this arrangement was so fun.


The beginning of a new living room; the natural light in here is perfection.


Blueberry lemonades a la mamma - she's such a mixologist.


So was Dad on Sunday - going at it with my Jalapeno Grapefruit Margs (SO good)!


Easily the most stylin' mixoligist ever (I was dying over her neon shirt - like mother, like daughter!)


Jalapeno Grapefruit Margs a la Fashionably Bombed (DELISH)


<3


I managed to cook up the main course of corn, avocado, red pepper, tomato and onion salad topped with pan seared sea scallops - so delicious and refreshing on a hot day (not to mention fairly easy once the chopping is done!).


Nomnoms.


Sister being a goon on our post-dinner walk.


Bunnies! Always makes my day.

Trespassing on our backyard, aka the 12th fairway.



Sunday best on the golf course: J.Crew cardigan and embellished tank, Vineyard Vines striped pencil skirt, Jack Rogers Platinum Hamptons sandals, vintage necklaces, Karen Walker Perfect Day sunnies


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...