Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge

After seeing this post and having a totally free weekend ahead of me, there was no way I wasn't embarking on this endeavor. Really, what is better than chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven on a lazy weekend? That's right, nothing.



Apparently the magical secret with these is two-fold: 1. the mixture of cake flower and bread flour rather than all purpose, and 2. the excruciatingly long refrigeration period of 36 hours.


But I had to know if these really were the "end-all, be-all" of choco chip babies.


Clearly I made a bit of a mess - and I won't lie, cleanup was not a fun process.


It did make for some interesting motion play, though.



And I really do love my mixer, so dragging it out for a few photos was more than worth it...


 BUT - when it was all over, I was stuck waiting THREE. FULL. DAYS. to eat them? Insanity. But I knew I had to do it right.




And 36 hours later...I FINALLY got to eat one! (dead camera=iPhone snap)


So were they as good as advertised? I'm still undecided. Obviously, they are amazing. Like, out of this world. BUT, I think the hype might have ruined my reaction a little bit - that and the combination of being too impatient to wait for them to fully cook. The recipe recommended using a 1/3 cup to scoop the dough balls, but at least in my oven - they wouldn't cook through in the middle.

Don't get me wrong; I am ALL about cookie dough - but I like my cookie dough and actually cookies completely separate - and believe you me, I got PLENTY of dough from the bowl while I was making them...

I only baked about 1/3 of the dough for the 6 above...just wait for me to come back tomorrow having baked smaller lil puppies that put me in a coma from freaking out over their perfect. Just. wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...