Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Autumnal Feelings: The Pleated Maxi

Even though I come in at a whopping 5’3” on the giant ruler at the doctor’s office, I completely fell in love with the maxi length this summer. Over the course of the last 3 months, I have acquired 2 maxi skirts (one of which is white, semi-sheer and almost impossible to wear…but I have worn it at least 10 times) and a chevron maxi dress that I am utterly obsessed with.

They’re really the perfect go-to on those days you just don’t feel like wearing clothes (no? just me?) – the material barely touches you and if you’re walking around in the heat, there’s almost nothing better than not having a crotch seam (am I right?). But will fall around the corner, I don’t want to give them up.

This Urban Outfitters accordion pleat maxi’s telling me I don’t have to – and therefore will promptly be added to my collection once my spending freeze is over. And what better way to bring the breezy maxi into fall than top it with some saturated hues or a kitchy sweatshirt and some toughened up accessories (this is me trying not to be a little girl, once again).

Studs, skulls, snakeskin (with a hint of polkas to keep it “me”): the fall trifecta. Also, can we talk about how INSANE that Tory tortoise-frame bag is? I'll take it in all three colors, please..


autumn maxi




Are you taking maxis into the next season? How are you going to style it?

2 comments:

  1. I have the opposite problem with maxis, and they're always too short for me! They should seriously consider making them in different lengths, as not everyone is 5'6". Regardless, I love the look of them and would happily wear them this Fall if they fit me correctly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love maxis. I'm the same height as you, and in my opinion, we totally can pull them off!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...