Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Homemade Pizza with Figs, Prosciutto, Gorgonzola and Ricotta


Fig obsession is still in full swing; I just HAD to find another way to use them so the rest of the 9-pack I searched long and hard for last week didn’t go bad (I would have shed real tears throwing them in the trash). Answer? Pizza.







Pizza is basically the answer to all of life’s problems. Have a bunch of ingredients but you’re too lazy to find a good (likely complicated) recipe to use them in? Throw ‘em on some dough with a hefty helping of cheese and you’re set. I had basil, onions, figs, prosciutto and gorgonzola leftover from my Stella app recreation earlier in the week, so all I needed was some dough (cheated and bought it – shh), mozzarella and ricotta. True story: I recently discovered what ricotta tastes like on pizza and I will never go back. Seriously, if you haven't tried it, you have not lived.




After some quick dough-rolling, slicing, grating, and tossing (cheese, everywhere, duh), I threw my masterpiece in the oven for 13 minutes and absolute perfection came out (pizza stone = life essential). Add a glass (or bottle…) of wine and you’ve got yourself a perfect Sunday night. No recipes needed.


1 comment:

  1. Pizza is *absolutely* the answer to all of life's problems ;) many thanks for your sweet comment today! The blog world is lucky to have you! Hope to meet you in Boston very soon! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...