Thursday, August 9, 2012

Figgie Fig Figs


I’m obsessed with a little fruit called a fig. It’s possible that this is being thrown into hyperdrive by the fact that the boy has been out of town all well, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking (and admittedly, dreaming) about them since my gushfest about Stella and the STELLAR (see what I did there?) appetizer I had on Saturday.


By yesterday around 3 PM, I had made the decision to take matters into my own hands after work and hunt down some figs and prosciutto. I HAD to recreate that dish if I was ever going to move on with my life. And granted, I don’t have local honey on hand and my prosciutto was store-bought, it made for a delicious solo Wednesday night dinner.


There’s no real recipe here, but this is what I used for a 1 person serving:

2 very thin slices prosciutto
2 fresh figs, stemmed and quartered
3 basil leaves, thinly sliced
4 TBSP gorgonzola crumbles
Drizzle of honey
2 TBSP drizzle Honey Ginger Vinegar (I know this place is local, but I HIGHLY recommend all of their products – post coming soon. And clearly I need to invest in the Fig balsamic, stat.)










I can’t wait to use the rest of my little case of figs…in every dish possible – like the arugala, prosciutto and gorgonzola salad with basil, red onion and honey ginger vinaigrette I brought with my for lunch today. Not overkill at all, right?

1 comment:

  1. hehe I know what you mean! I had a serious craving for veggie lasagna last night and stopped everything to make it - but it took like 2.5 hours! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...