Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Tuneday: Fancay Schmancay

It's official: I've got the AC bug.


The boy and I are headed off on Friday for a much needed long weekend in Ocean City, NJ at a good friend’s summer home. I am beyond excited to soak up the sun, cruise the boardwalk, maybe invest in a few bro tanks (my YEAH BUDDY one from last year has fallen off trend…tear).

We will also be making the very short journey to Atlantic City for dinner at Amada in the Revel hotel. I am not a big gambler and have never been to AC. I guess unsurprisingly, I have also never been to Vegas. 

pretty swankster, no?

As a perpetual, somewhat intentional over-dresser who loves nothing more than throwing on heels and lipstick for a weekend dinner out (which is sadly borderline “too much” in Boston), I am beyond excited for the rare opportunity to go all out (and dare I say, a little slutty?) for our Sunday night dinner. 



schwanky




There’s nothing better than a perfect dinner ambiance, and for me, that almost always means music. Here’s what I’d want to hear whilst sipping a swankay drank (my first dirty martini, perhaps?) in a trendy lounge in good ‘ol AC, trying to hold on to my last shred of summer…




1.       Stan Getz, Joao Gilberto – The Girl from Ipanema
2.       Radiohead – Knives out
3.       Jose Gonzalez – Crosses
4.       Washed Out – Eyes Be Closed
5.       Bebel Gilberto  - Tanto Tempo
6.       Air – Playground Love
7.       Bahamas – Lost in the Light
8.       Norah Jones – Cold Cold Heart
9.       Bebel Gilberto – Mais Feliz
10.   James Blake – Limit to Your Love
11.   Jazzamor – Ain’t No Sunshine
12.   Thievery Corporation – Lebanese Blonde
13.   Jem – Missing You
14.   Norah Jones – Turn Me On
15.   Van Morrison – Into the Mystic
16.   Air – Cherry Blossom Girl
17.   Jose Gonzalez – Heartbeats
18.   Norah Jones – Come Away With Me
19.   Radiohead – Idioteque

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...