Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Outfit Crush

Much like the rest of the blogging world, I have been on an autumn kick lately. Tartan, cable knits, riding boots - you name it and I'm smitten.

This isn't to say that I'm tired of all the quintessential fall outfits, but I love a good standout, and I can't seem to get this look on Joanna Hillman off of my mind:


There's something so "fall" about this, but the outfit is boasting almost no categorically autumn pieces. Maybe it's the camel coat (which is so, so chic with the black contrast), or the daytime sequins coupled with a buckled moto-inspired boot, but I fell head over heels for this look. 

fridays facies outfit crush



Clearly, the coat is not an exact match but I absolutely LOVE this option from French Connection - and at $160 it's going to be hard to resist. The contrasting of black on camel is not something I'm going to get over easily...

This tote from Madewell has been steadily climbing to the top of my wishlist and the more I see it, the more I'm convinced of how practical it is - classic brown leather in two tones (more contrast!), short handles and crossbody functionality, big (but not huge) size - and a reasonable price for such a staple ($268).

I couldn't resist topping this off with a fox earring - I know, I know, foxes are a "thing" this fall, but clearly, I'm obsessed. And it's just a hint of fox on the ear, so I'm gonna let it slide on this "anti-autumn" fall outfit.

What are your go-to fall outfits? Any refreshing fall outfits inspiring you lately? Please share!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...