Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Tuneday: Wedding Essentials

On this gloomy Tuesday Tuneday, let's talk weddings.

I have very serious wedding outfit anxiety. As in, I had a wedding this past weekend and I ordered 3 dresses from Rent the Runway and tried on 5 others of my own before I could decide what to wear. There's something so final about a wedding (even when it's not your own...am I crazy?) and I feel this crazy pressure for everything to be perfect.




wedding wear

So, maybe this board is cheating a little bit because this is exactly what I wore to a fall wedding in Salem, MA this weekend (after a very tumultuous decision process and all 3 dresses returned to RTR, regrettably). It really was the perfect ensemble for a fall wedding - the longer sleeves kept me warm during the ceremony outside but the lace was light enough to be breathable for dancing.

But to make up for it, how about some photos from the actual wedding?


Posing with the foliage.

And more posing  with the trolley.

As usual, the weekend made me pretty emotional and got my mind turning on wedding music - something that has always been extremely important to me. Over the years, I've come up with a few songs in my head that I know I just won't live if they're not played at my own (eventual) nuptials:

Fleetwood Mac – Landslide - Live Album Version (the bride danced to this song with her father at this wedding – there wasn’t a female dry eye in the house)
The Beatles Recovered Band – In My Life (my dream father-daughter dance song)
Van Morrison – Into The Mystic (one of my all-time favorites and a personal first dance contender)
Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe (absolute dance party essential for any wedding in the next few years – this past wedding had props to go with!)
Katy Perry – Firework (the boy’s favorite song – totally calling him out. Katy is always a crowd pleaser)
Jimmy Buffett – Margaritaville (the boy’s family and friends are all huge parrotheads, so this is a must)
Johnny Cash – Ring Of Fire (anything Johhny & June is wedding apropos in my book)
Barry White – Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe (sort of silly, sort of entirely true – and who can forget Freddy Prinze and this track?)
Hall & Oates – You Make My Dreams (the scene from 500 Days of Summer with J. Gordon Leavitt sealed the deal on this one – and nothing’s better than Hall & Oates)
Taylor Swift – Mine (the boy and I are both huge Tswift fans (I’m really throwing him under the bus this week, huh?) and the words to this one are just perfect)
Taylor Swift – Love Story (I’m 99% positive I want this to be my entrance song – to the point that I’ve planned which moment the bride and groom will enter after the wedding party. Judge me)
Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (classic dancefloor jam)
Mariah Carey – Always Be My Baby (this will undoubtedly be the David Cook cover from American Idol – again, the boy’s fav. It should be clear who has the better taste in music at this point
J )
Bruce Springsteen – Dancing In The Dark (it’s not a party without the boss)
Simon & Garfunkel – Cecilia (this song has always made me extremely happy, and Paul Simon is one of my mom’s all-time faves)
Ray LaMontagne – You Are The Best Thing (pretty sure I have yet to post a playlist that doesn’t have a Ray song on it – which accurately describes how I feel about his music, I’d say)
Iron And Wine – Flightless Bird, American Mouth (if you can separate this from the Twilight scene, it’s still super romantic)
Bright Eyes – First Day Of My Life (another first dance song – this one has always made me tear up)
Ben Folds – The Luckiest (so much truth in this pretty little ditty)
Dave Matthews – So Damn Lucky (more luck – there were a lot of coincidences and fateful events that brought the boy and I together, so this is very appropriate)

Get the whole playlist on Spotify here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...