Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Tuneday: Currently Spinning

Most people that know me well would tell you that I have a lot of obsessions. Many of them are fleeting (snake print, neon peach, gold skulls) and some are lifelong (nail polish, stripes, Orbit Sweet Mint gum) – and music is no exception.

I go through crazy phases with certain bands, albums, or even a singular track that I will listen to in repeat for 5 days straight (most recently, Rihanna – Diamonds, but one of my worst attacks of all time was with Jose Gonzalez’s cover of Heartbeats; basically single-rotation for all of winter 2006).

I (unfortunately for my wallet) have the same problem with shopping, whether it be clothing, housewares, beauty products, etc, I’ll get reaaaally into nauticalia for a few weeks and all of a sudden decide that I actually want my living room to be Hollywood Glamour instead (sound schizophrenic? It’s possible…).

Here’s a peek at what I can’t get out of my mind lately:

CURRENTLY COVETING




Currents


-Tartan, everything, but especially when it’s Pendleton
- Loving the classic camel, navy and red of this striped Tippi
- I’m on the hunt for the perfect Chukka-inspired wedge bootie
- Can’t get enough of burgundy hues – and don’t get me started on the bow detail
- I can’t wait to cozy-fy my couch with these Mongolian lamb pillows for winter
- This Zoya polish just came to live with me – the custom color for Peter Som SS13 is the perfect greyed-out forest green, but I am ALL about any green-based nail color lately
- I’ve been swooning over the graphic sweaters popping up everywhere this season, but J.Crew’s Frenchie might take the cake
- I think it’s high time to add a trapezoidal bag to my collection, and between the calf hair, Celine-inspired handles, and contrasting nude palette, this just might be the one.
- Albino pumpkins – the go-with-everything, insta-classy fall décor. Now if only I could find some in Boston…
- My search for the perfect trench has been ongoing for years; every one I’ve tried is just not quite right, whether it’s the fit, or it’s missing one essential detail (button back vent, wrist buckle, epaulet, tortoise buttons…), but this Club Monaco option is looking mighty fine (I would also kill for this leather-accented version)
- Owl speaker, ‘nuff said.
- This jewelry stand cloche absolutely slays me. Did I mention it’s monogrammable?
- I’ve been eyeing these flat Pour La Victoire booties for months – there’s not much better than gold-studded black leather for a little polish, even without a glam heel. 

This playlist is equally as schizo, but these are the tracks in constant rotation lately (all for different moods, of course):

The Head And The Heart – Down in the Valley (gorgeous folk, lovely for weekend driving)
Jerry Douglas – The Boxer feat. Mumford & Sons and Paul Simon (one of my all-time favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs with one of my all-time favorite bands)
Best Coast – Rhiannon (nothing like a good Fleetwood cover)
Trampled By Turtles – Alone (hauntingly gorgeous lyrics)
The Avett Brothers – Winter In My Heart (somehow managing to get me ready for winter)
Carly Rae Jepsen – Your Heart Is A Muscle (utterly addiction, pure pop gold)
Stars – Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It (I will never tire of this band's brilliance)
Lana Del Rey – Ride (it was high time for some new Lana)
Dawes – Take Me Out Of The City (I'm all about Dawes recently, but this track is a new fave)
Robyn – Include Me Out (awesome work out/car jam sesh song; I needed a new Robyn obsession)
Ryan Adams – Night Birds (perpetually my favorite person ever, but this one gets me when I'm moody and chilly)
Rihanna – Diamonds (repeat, daily - dance parties, workouts, solo karaoke; everything)
Glee Cast – Mine (Glee Cast Version) (I cried during this rendition on the show #lameduck)
The Killers – Runaways (instant-addiction; reminds me of Bruce/Gaslight Anthem, both of whome I endlessly love)


Get the playlist on Spotify here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...