Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday Tuneday: Date Night In


While moving in with the boy has had its hefty share of benefits, we’re not exactly living the picture-perfect “drop your briefcase and catch up over dinner and a bottle of wine” lifestyle – yet. His 2nd-year MBA schedule is full of night classes, so my little overachiever decided to stay on at his internship, work during the day, and then jet off to class 4 nights a week.

There are clear benefits to having the apartment to myself most nights (yoga in front of the TV, Say Yes to the Dress, too much wine – the list goes on), but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t rather be spending at least some of that time cooking and sharing a meal together  - and a little non-solo vino never hurt nobody.

I spent last night in making this Paleo Pumpkin Turkey Chili via Danielle’s blog and soaking up the autumn-y scents and flavors while listening to my fall playlist – all by my lonesome. In the back of my mind, though, I was imagining a quiet night splitting a hearty meal with the boy over a bottle of pinot noir.

I don’t always dress up for a date night in – I have always taken advantage of the opportunity to be comfy. But, as much as I love dressing up for dinner on the town and with how little time we get to spend together, enjoying our new place, I’ve been dreaming of a fancy little night in, wearing something of this nature...



 
vino night



J.Crew Tippiweater / Carven twill skirt, / Dolce Vita high heel shoes / Irene Neuwirth diamond drop earrings / Emilio Pucci brass ring / J. crew pave bracelet / J. crew tuxedo bows bracelet / Essie nailpolish / PYRAMID VALLEY Angel Flower Pinot Noir 2009

Of course, no date night in would be complete without a little soundtrack. This soft (and okay, a little sultry) mix of new and old classics is my go-to when I need a quiet, comfy, but sophisticated mood - just hit shuffle and go.

What are your favorite date night traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...