Monday, March 5, 2012

Nearly Nautical

Not to say that my teabag (har har) is really what kicked me in the arse to come back to my blog - but it almost is, in more ways that one. I have been pseudo sick for the last few weeks (thanks, Philly) and haven't had the energy to get out of bed in the morning, let alone put together a post of any value - so I copped out and opted for the silence route.

I am finally feeling better (admittedly dragging my lazy bum to gthe gym helped immensely), and it was time to get back to my ever-growing list of boards to put together. I have ALWAYS been a sucker for nautical touches (note: stripe addiction) from navy and red to straight up anchors, but I can very easily go too far with it and can end up looking more like a sailor costume than straight out of a Sperry ad.

There are plenty of ways to add a nautical nod to an outfit this season without taking it too far. If you're going to do something as literal as an anchor, it's really important to keep the rest of your pieces in the nautical vein (ie a stripe, red OR navy, etc.) so that everything you're wearing isn't themed. Here are a few of my faves (and I had to cut about 15 that wouldn't fit - sad!):



1. F21 Striped Nautical Short | 2. Kate Spade Sailor's Knot Bangle | 3. J.Crew Tillary Tote | 4. J.Crew Factory Enamel Bracelet | 5. Port Winsor Longwood Tunic | 6. Kate Spade Sailor's Knot Studs | 7. Pink Pineapple Cape Knot Dock Belt | 8. Dorothy Parker Navy Knot Waist Belt | 9. J. McLaughlin Monogrammed Sailcloth Duffle | 10. Tory Burch Penny Loafer | 11. Kate Spade Nera Coat | 12. F21 Two-Tone Braided Headwrap | 13. James Jeans Sailor Trouser Jean | 14. LOFT Vintage Stripe Shift Dress | 15. Milly for Sperry Laceless Sneaker | 16. J.Crew Garment Dyed Toothpick Jean in Festival Green | 17. Kate Spade Anchors Away Bracelet | 18. Anchor Rope Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments - each one truly makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...